Sunday, August 16, 2015

A bit of this and a bit of that

This weekend, I've been kept quite busy with the "honey do" list, which Mrs. History PhD produced with almost satanic glee, so hobby related activities have been at a bare minimum. 

However I did manage to sneak in a platoon of West German Skorpion Minenwerfers (in English, that's "mines thrower"):
These are from National Cheese Emporium on Shapeways. I think they're slightly sub-scale (or maybe O8 vehicles are slightly over-scale), but they are very nicely detailed, although exorbitantly expensive for being just four tiny slivers of plastic. 
Hopefully O8 will get cracking on putting out other vehicles for my projected West German engineer company. 

And for my East German panzer pioneers, I finished a platoon of BTS-2 armored recovery vehicles:
These were based on a T-54A chassis and oddly, the dozer blade was mounted on the rear. Similar western vehicles always mounted the blade in front. For 1981, I should be using BTS-4s:
with their massive snorkel, but Marcin has provided only BTS-2s thus far. 

Actually, ARVs were not part of pioneer units in the NVA (nor in any other army, as far as I'm aware), but clouds of them would've followed any WarPac armored unit and attaching them to my pioneers seemed reasonable, at least for storage purposes. 

That's all I've been granted time to do this weekend. When I said that hobbies were far more important than chores, I got this face:
Hmmm. More next weekend (hopefully)!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, those paint up pretty good! On the scale, mine are based on the published specs of the M548, divided by 600, rounded up to the nearest tenth of a millimeter. If those turn out to be a bit small compared to OO's, I could always throw in a fudge factor of 10% or so (so a 10mm-long mini would become 11mm long, sort of thing).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you did a damn fine job! Although yes, I would increase the size of them just slightly

      Delete