Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Hinds and Super Sabres

I seem to still be in my "let's paint loads of aircraft" phase, so my latest efforts have been geared toward that end. I've finished my first Polish aircraft, two Mi-24 Hind D's:
And here is my rendition of the Poles, as well as an East German one that I did, as I was already painting Hinds anyway:

I've also finished off two of Marcin's none too impressive F-100's for my Danes:
I didn't make mine nearly as "distressed" looking as the real ones were by 1981:
The usual apologies for the photo quality. One day I'll decide to spend money on a camera instead of the equivalent amount on minis. 

As I said in my last post on the subject of Danish F-100's (10/21/2014), they'll look ok on the tabletop, but I'm not very happy with the sculpt or the mess that was the aft end of the mini. 

All Denmark's aircraft had a national flag painted on the horizontal stabilizer ("tail"), but that's far too tiny for me to attempt to freehand it. I looked at a lot of Danish F-100's on Google and they all had the wing roundels a surprisingly long distance inboard on the wing, i.e. a long way away from the wing tip, so I've duplicated it on the models. It looks a bit strange to me, but it is correct.

More from me next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment